This position will report to the Vice President of Research and Development (Chief Science Officer). This will be a senior position with direct and indirect reports in chemistry and microbiology.
The role will have a focus on the external communication and collaboration with physicians, internal sales, and commercial partners. This position will require a good deal of travel (approximately 4-8 days/month) and will represent the science of Next Science in the development of relationships with commercial partners who license this technology.
The role will also have a research and development component, as we continue to develop novel antimicrobial technologies, concentrating on biofilms and spores, for medical, food, and industrial applications.
- Ph.D. in Biomaterials, Materials Science, Chemistry, or related field
- Experience in Biomaterials, Microbiology, Organic chemistry, Antimicrobials, Biofilm testing, Toxicology and Biocompatibility
- Experience in working with medical professionals, including physicians and surgeons
- Preferred experience in the design and commercialization of medical devices, biomaterials, and/or pharmaceuticals.
- Preferred experience in: Design of Experiment, salt solutions, membranes, diffusion kinetics, and small molecules
- Research and development of novel medical antimicrobial technologies, especially focusing on biofilms and spores
- Directing chemists and microbiologists in the internal laboratory
- Directing external efficacy/safety testing with third parties
- Collaborating with physicians
- Presenting to executives
- Collaborating with commercial partners